Monday, May 14, 2007

Slap Ya Mama



When something is so delicious and you just fall into utter joy as the food you are eating melts in your mouth, say like white chocolate bread pudding, you slap the table several times and have to exclaim, "that was so good, it'll make you slap your mama!" To my great surprise there is a Cajun spice combination that is called by the same name. I found it while in Louisiana and I was compelled to buy several. Since I don't cook I haven't used any but how much fun after Mother's Day to have some slap ya mama spice in a post.

OK, I posted about my book addiction and the possibility of a fast. I need to work on that a little more. When Roy and I went to Border's on Saturday I didn't buy a book, what great will power but we stopped at Anthropologie on the way home and dang it, I bought a book. So I almost made it through the weekend. Today when I arrived home there was an Amazon package waiting for me. I am happy to report I haven't ordered a book today and I stayed away from the Garden Bookstore.

Got the best Mother's Day gift from Becky. 5 boxes of single serving Koolaid in assorted flavors. She wrapped each box, it was great fun and a wonderful way to begin the day. She surprised and delighted me.

Well, I have dinner to heat up. We are having chipolte meatloaf, grilled veggies and mashed potatoes, all fixed by the fine people at the play grocery store. Bless the hands that prepared the meal.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought a book today (downstairs)! I don't know if I could go a week without buying a book! :)
I just wish I read as fast as I bought!

Lisa Pierre said...

I think I will slap my mama for not teaching me how to cook.

Here I go again to the kitchen with stress on my shoulders. My poor family!

Anonymous said...

I think you shoud read "red-purse-post#3" BEFORE you actually seriously consider rehab for the Book thing!!!! You may find your unique way of seeing the world morph a bit....Your joy in slap your mama spices, individual kool-aid serving-packs and pretend groceries might disappear leaving us readers starved for some enjoyable reading material...sending us instead to Borders, Amazon and Barnes and Noble hungry for are daily read!!!!! Besides i've never heard of anyone being arrested for driving under the influence -of a good read!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ps my computer is "acting up" so i hope you didn't have to read that last entry twice..if so i apologize!

Nancy Mon said...

No pretend groceries...they are real. I call Rice Epicurean the play grocery store cause you don't go there to do real grocery shopping, you just go there to play. Since my time has been a precious commodity these days the play grocery store is becoming less of a playground and more of the real thing for me. Besides it is the closest grocery store to me.

Anonymous said...

thanks for telling me which grocery it is....now it really makes sense..i was thinking it was a caterer!!! what fun to buy your groceries already in their "future format"