Saturday, May 5, 2007

Aned is Dena spelled backwards

This is my friend Dena. She and I went to lunch at Collina's. She is enjoying a delicious lemon square. They are awesome! It was break time for both of us from working on our Sunday School lessons. While we were in the Heights for lunch we also participated in First Saturday in the Heights. Artists etc have an area where they sell jewelry, art, and all kinds of junk. Dena found some earrings and I found some bracelets. It was a good day. We kept our eye on the clock because Dena wanted to watch all the coverage of the Kentucky Derby. This is my friend who gave me the cool pen which I LOVE!!! Sounds like everyone at the Offshore Technology Conference loved those pens as well. There is nary a one left. Dena is my friend who I love to go eat dinner with. She and I do some creative sharing of meals. See my blog on Foodies. She is also my friend who wrote my mission statement for me. I struggled with doing that. You see, Roy is a plan man. So of course after we have been married a few months he asks me, "what are your goals?" Don't get me wrong, I had them but I was not used to telling anyone, so I thought of the most shallow goals I could think of...to have fun, to be popular and to have lots of money. I have found through the years that these goals could be turned into my mission statement in a pinch. I would just say the above and then get the serious look and say Jeremiah 29:11. So thanks to Dena I now have a mission statement that doesn't have anything to do with the above. I am so thankful she did that for me. We can laugh at anything and there are mascara stained napkins across this town where we, but especially Dena has wiped her eyes as we have laughed so hard, only because it is good medicine. Goode Company Seafood changed to black napkins because of us. There are so many other things I could share with you about my friend, but that will have to wait. I can tell you this, we are opposites and she is a good time mapper. Oh and she loves the Nord too. She's just a little more subdued about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you do a personal mission statement..i am exactly where you were....be nice,shop at nordstrom's, have people like me, etc....i am blown away by this idea!!!!!

Nancy Mon said...

I could not write one myself, so I talked with friends and with my husband to get some direction. Then Dena took the info and wrote mine for me. My mission statment is based on Philemon 7. Finding a verse is a good first step. Hope that has helped you some.