Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It's Officially Summer



I saw my first Fern sighting today, so summer has begun. Fern is an older lady who lives here and hibernates all winter and comes out every summer and practically lives by the pool. Since we live close to the church I came home for lunch today and there she was sitting by the pool. I felt like I was on safari or something taking the picture. Unfortunately it was an overcast day and cooler than usual. So all you can see of Fern is her feet. She had a little lunch bag with her so she must have camped out there for the duration. Back in the day when I tanned is when I met Fern and the other ladies and some retired gentlemen who congregate at the pool each day. Fern and the other ladies buy romance novels and the like at Half Price books. If their toes twitched I knew they were reading the "hot" parts of the story. Some days every toe on every lady would be twitching ninety to nothing. Here I was out by the pool reading a Christian book and I would twitch my toes and they would ask, "girl what are you reading?" And I'd reply, "Oh, I am reading about God and His faithfulness and I can't sit still." After awhile they stopped asking. Anyway just in case you didn't know it is now officially summer!

I have found out that many of you all have book addictions too and it sounds like I am in good company. I am happy to report I made it through the day without buying a book...tempted but God provided a way out, Praise Him! We were so busy today that I didn't have the time to puruse or stroll through the bookstore. Your tithe dollars were really at work today.

Thanks for reading. Thanks for the comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky for us! what with the coolness and overcastness of the day "an all" we got to see her lost in a good read...just not zoomed in enough to be on the "lookout" for twitchs!

Nancy Mon said...

Believe me when I took the picture here foot was twitching. I should have done a video.