Saturday, May 12, 2007

Gots Me a New Red Purse


Last night Roy and I went out to dinner and then went to the new DSW by our home. We went with a 10.00 off coupon. Roy found a pair of walking shoes, size 13 narrow not always an easy find and I found this red purse. Actually as I look at this picture it kind of looks sad with an a frown, but I love it cause it has all the little pockets and places I need in a purse to be able to find my cell phone when it rings, church keys and house keys. Lisa reminded me last night that I am not a purse person. I usually get a purse and carry it till it dies. I hope this one has a long life with me.
Thursday night I was talking with someone about my lack of cooking. It isn't that I don't know how, it is I just don't care to anymore. I have taken tons of gourmet cooking classes, but I heard that most accidents that happen in the home happen in the kitchen. I am just assuring my safety by staying out of there as much as possible. Really when it is just the two of us it is about the same if I cooked. First of all we would have to lay out all kinds of money just to get staples that everyone keeps. A lot of nights we are both content to eat what most would call strange dinner. Just this week we enjoyed a delicious dinner of popcorn and watermelon. It was great and very little cleanup involved.
I think I need to join an addiction group for buying books. I love them and love having them all around. Roy is just as bad about ordering books from Amazon as I am so some weeks we have 3 deliveries from them. My mom asks if the lady downstairs knows how many books are above her head. Nope. We mainly have 3 varieties here, Christian, Southern fiction and technical books for Roy. It is too much. And Borders keeps sending me coupons and I feel the need to go and redeem them. Working at a church with a bookstore just downstairs is dangerous for me. Roy has made it so easy to order from Amazon with Amazon Prime, no shipping charges and we usually get the books in one to two days. We are going to have to stop with the books and read what we have. A couple of weeks ago we were going through books to give away and dang it if we didn't both stop and just start reading. Our den/closet looks like books have been thrown up all over the floor. Maybe we need to do a book fast. I will let you know if we decide to pursue that.
Yesterday I went to Walgreen's and they had single serving pouches of sugar free Hawaiian Punch and Wylers Orange Smash for a dollar a box. I went in for mayonnaise for my home grown tomato sandwiches I love. That is what I had for lunch. Why was I grocery shopping at Walgreen's, because it is close to the Tanglewood Pharmacy. Love to go in there and look at the gifts, but actually I went to get the new 41 cent stamps in the little post office in the store.
I have rambled on too long. Lisa is at the Encourager Church ministering and when she is done we are meeting at Memorial City for a bit.
I will post later on more thoughts on excellence. When in doubt go to the Word and the Lord did not disappoint me. It is like the song 'He's Never Failed Me, Yet.' Sounds like we are waiting for that one time that He will let us down. I think we should just cut off the yet and say nu-unh. Other musical pet peeve is the song How Great is Our God...then the next line is 'sing with me' OK I was singing with you. Now if he said, jump with me...I would (maybe) or shout with me...yep I would. So when we sing that song I don't sing that part or I don't start singing when the song starts and then when I hear 'sing with me' I do.
Oh the ADD is in high gear today. I love my new purse!

5 comments:

Lisa Pierre said...

This ain't bad at all. You didn't stray from the many thoughts you started with.
But the "How Great Is Our God" part is my favorite. I don't sing "sing with me" either. I get to that part and I just keep my mouth closed or either I make up my own part to ooh or something different. Rebels, we are.

And I think you've got a hot new red purse.

FitzandMolly said...

but you know if we led that song one night for Bible study and left out the "sing w/me" part, all 3,000 women would still sing it. it bugs me, as do songs that say, "na na na, or la la la." and then we sing those parts over and over and over...

Anonymous said...

i think the book addiction is the root of al the other problems...take care of that and you'll have no more urges to buy you some praying purses with pockets for the mayonaise coupons and redundant praise song verses!!! I love your posts and i'm one who won't never, no never, (sing with me now} give up my book addiction...(nor my stbk's french roast} PLEASE let me know the next time you meet Lisa at memorial city...how much i would love to join you two!

Lisa Pierre said...

Hey Nancy, should we meet at Memorial City on Thursday at 1pm to meet Anonymous?

Nancy Mon said...

Sounds good to me. How will we know anoymous? Should be meet at the Starbucks and stand in the long line?