Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Chain O Lakes

Greetings from beautiful Chain O' Lakes right outside of Cleavland Texas. The day and evening activities are over and it is time for sleep. Probably not too much sleeping will be happening in our cabin tonight. We are over the water and can hear the mating call of the male alligator. It is a deep humming and rumbling sound. The roaches are as big as a Yorkie, but we are undaunted. I just went through our place and read Psalm 91. I don't care that most say pestilence is disease, I think that word includes bugs and any other creature that might come our way. Glad I brought my old iPod cause I will probably listen to all the sessions of Daniel tonight. Hey, I got the time...and the Word to keep my company. My housemates are new Courtney, Carolyn and Jenea. We have had a good day. The speakers are good and the topics interesting and game night was alright. We have played hard and laughed even harder. I will be glad to get back to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. I had contemplated staying a little bit and taking in creation, but I think the city is where Lord dwells unless you have a lake house in Tahoe or a home in the country. Let's face it in deep east Texas a lot of people lie through their tooth...not through their teeth. I hear the mating call again of that lonesome male alligator. Probably his honey has just told him not tonight dear, I have a headache.

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

you are not allowed to play or laugh hard without me. shame on you. ;)