Monday, May 21, 2007

Lunch Last Thursday

Fun Facts About Lunch with Lisa P and Nancy Marie


A lot of fun


A lot of laughter


Good food a must


The best conversations


All the above savored



This will have to do for now. I had written out the whole wonderful adventure we had last Thursday at the Ashland House and I don't know how I did it, but I lost the whole post. I don't have it in me to re-do it tonight. The background behind us is wallpaper and it was so appropriate that they put us in the fake library section. I wish that Lisa and I could blog this together at the same time cause there is where you'd enjoy the time we shared the most. But, this will have to do for now.



I cannot believe it, I went three days without buying or ordering a book. That came to an end Saturday night around 10:00 pm. Dayspring Sunday School class is doing a Jennifer Kennedy Dean study and whoa, that girl is blowing my socks off. We are studying Jesus's I AM statements in John. So of course, I got on Amazon and ordered several more of her books. Guess it was too much, cause Roy and I had gone to Border's earlier to return his iPod case and get one that had a clip. Didn't buy one book. Tempted but did not give in there at Border's.


This was a very social weekend. A brunch on Saturday morning to wish Nicole a heartfelt goodbye as she and her family moves to Dallas. She has been Carolyn's right arm in Women's Ministry. That afternoon Wholehearted and Dayspring classes had an event. Shannon did two makeovers and gave us all kinds of great tips on makeup, clothes and trends. Then she brought the Word...she brought it good. Shannon, you are a powerhouse in the Word and thanks for sharing, teaching and proclaiming the Good News to us. Uh, on a personal note I need HELP with my brows.


Sunday was church and Pastor Gregg finished up Nehemiah. That afternoon we went to a fun birthday party for Oscar. Then I dropped Roy off to teach his evening class at church. I had planned on going out to Grace Methodist for their concert of praise and worship, but I had received a call from Dena asking if I could go eat dinner at Molina's. Since we have both been busy and not talked in two weeks, which is unusual for us, I opted for friendship time. We had a blast, ate great food and laughed heartily.



Oh, I found the perfect container at Starbucks for drinking my single serving Koolaid at the office. I still had two gift cards I had not used from Christmas. So I had a little Christmas in May.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and now i don't have to ask you for any reading suggestions because i just found two on amanda's blog TY oh no we're talking books again...so far it's just talking you don't have to take it any farther...enjoy your evening.....

Anonymous said...

oh oh again...did you see NISE' (or should i say Nise's) post on baby bangs....lots and lots of reccomendations!!!!! This could be serious!!