Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Happenins

This has been a tough week for a whole lot of reasons and how I wish I could blog through the issues and the trouble it has been, but I can't. Of this I am confident, the Lord is still on His throne and still in control of the universe and that includes the drama playing out in my little world. I am so happy that it is Friday and I'm off today. Praise Him!

Wednesday night was the COC meeting. I take the minutes of the meetings although sometimes it gets so interesting I am sitting there listening and not writing one thing down. When I first started taking the minutes I think I wrote down every cough and burp. Dewayne had two extra tickets to the Astros game for Thursday night and gave them to Roy and me. So, we went to the game last night. Dewayne has great seats in the View Terrace right behind home plate, but we got to be even closer to the action. About the 4th inning all went down to where CJ, Lisa and Joe sit on the first row right behind the Astros dugout. It was great to see the players that close. Hey, any time I can see Brad Ausmus that close is really a treat. We had a great time in spite of the fact the good guys lost in the 12th inning. Roy and I had to leave in the 11th inning because Roy had a morning of meetings on Friday. Last year we got to sit in the Diamond seats right behind home plate, but I did not pull out my cell phone and call anyone to say hey look, we are on TV.

I am waiting for Lisa P to send me the pics we took at lunch yesterday so I can post about that. It was CRAAAAAZY!!! We laughed so hard and so often there wasn't much time to catch a breath. We had planned on this lunch for over a week and it came at the right time. Let's just say Thursday in the office was one of those days...

Today after Mrs. Baker's I went to the real grocery store. Yes, I went to the Kroger's, but I didn't really come home with real groceries. Had Poweraid and Cranberry Light on sale. Got some snacks, fruit and yogurt. The timing was right, it was after lunch and before school lets out, so it wasn't terribly crowded. Buddy's taste in treats has changed so I picked up a couple of bags for her. All in all it was a good trip, but on Sunday I will be right back at the play grocery store. Lisa, I saw a box of Cafe Dumonde mix at my Kroger's too. Once we settle into June we can fry those babies up. Oops, I didn't get any powdered sugar today. We'll take pictures for sure and post them on our blogs.

3 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

i love cafe du monde begniets! be careful, though - one time i made them and sprinkled corn starch all over them b/c i thought it was powdered sugar. ruined a perfectly good batch. sadness.

Anonymous said...

oh! so you two were enjoying lunch while i was patiently sipping my coffee at 1!!!!! Actually i am kind of glad you didn't take an unnecessary chance and meet a real nut!!!

Nancy Mon said...

You never told us that you would really be there or I think we would have shown up. I am thinking we must know you cause how else would we recognize you? Most people I like are real nuts...so...