Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Nothing like being home on a Tuesday Morning

I have taken a day of vacation to extend the long Memorial Day weekend just a tiny bit longer. Thanks for your input on Roy's picture. That includes the lurkers who commented by email or phone. :)

This weekend was the right balance of home time and out and about time. Yesterday, Peggy and I made it to The Nord for pedicures and dinner. We had a blast catching up. It has been a while since our schedules have allowed for doing anything together. Did have a scary moment though. As we were sitting there getting our pedi's, I noticed a different step in the usual routine. So I asked Julia, oh what is this? She said it is a honey and papaya mixture. I tried not to freak out too much and said, I can't have that on me, I am highly allergic to papaya. She was immediate in getting it off my leg and foot and I didn't stop breathing, so it is all good.

On Friday I did rearrange books, but so far we haven't gotten rid of any. We have the boxes to do so, it is just getting the heart to let go of some books. Maybe I will be like Harper Lee. When I read the biography, "Mockingbird" the description of her home in Alabama is wall to wall bookcases, even in the entry hall, dining room and bathroom. I am jealous just thinking about it right now, forgive me Lord.

Had my first summer peach this weekend. I ran to the play grocery store on Sunday and they had them...Texas peaches. I hope this peach is just the first of many over the summer.

Roy and I went to Sunday brunch at Pappasita's on Sunday. It was wonderful!

Well, I am off to enjoy the rest of my day. I have some graduation and birthday gifts to mail.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we don't like you being home on a Tuesday morning!! come back to work!!! we miss you!!! :)

your favorite daughter (and hfbc employee),
becky

Dana said...

wall to wall books all over the place, that is the description of a very wonderful place! (I would say Heaven, but you and I know that Heaven will be much more wonderful than that...)I am totally with you on the envy part...(it also reminds me of the wallpaper at Ashland House!)

Anonymous said...

we don't like you taking time off from "blogging" either!!! Come back to blog!!! we miss you too! Until then I'll just have to scurry through other blogs to see what you and Thelma are plotting and planning for your next fun-filled girlfriend adventure!!! Actually this is much more fun then sitting by the pool with one of thoses toe-twitching tales!

Anonymous said...

so are you ignoring my peach-praying Potok-probing profound pronounciations? or perhaps my comment got lost in etherland?

Nancy Mon said...

I have not had a chance to blog but hopefully I will tonight or first thing in the monrning. Have some great pics and stories