Thursday, February 19, 2009

24

No, not the Jack show, I am writing about the last 24 hours of our life. Around 4:00 pm I received a call from my dad letting me know that he and my mom have been in the MD Anderson ER since 5:00 am. She has been having a few health problems and even seen a Dr but things became much worse. No room in the inn for her as they wanted to admit her, so she slept in one of those little rooms in the ER last night. Today she had tests run and we have received good news and troublesome news. The polyps they found are benign, but they are keeping her overnight because her palettes are so low. She will see a hematologist tomorrow. Now she is waiting to see if they can get her in a real room. My mom is in good spirits and my dad is doing well through all of this as well. Roy and I await room information and we will be with them tonight.


Roy is getting ready to head back to Shreveport to check on his mom. She is still in the hospital but is doing well. She is looking forward to being able to walk on her own. This morning, I have been running around town taking care of things for Roy and helping him get stuff ready for his trip.


We are running the gamut in emotions around here but through it all God steadily reminds us He is in control and knows everything. I love that today Lisa P encouraged me again with words from Tuesday night, Thank you Healer and He knows it is scary to be us. I am thankful for everyone who is praying for my mom. My mom tends to fear the worst, well as a matter of fact so does my dad. They had themselves so scared by telling themselves, it is all cancer, every symptom, every thing... I'm reminding them that they don't know the whole story so before things look darkest before the dawn, let's know exactly where we are at. We are in the beginning of the story.


OK, I am a total dork or geek, maybe even a nerd. Yesterday morning I heard on the radio someone reading from the book of I Kings. The story really got my attention. Later in the day I pulled out my ESV study Bible and a couple of commentaries. That was a good start, but I still didn't have all the information. So I asked my walking Bible commentary, Roy. He had taught Prophets and Kings in Precepts and he had some answers, but yet there was something lacking. Frustrated he brought me his copy of Josephus and told me to look it up. Well, I had no clue how to use the book, but knowing he was giving me busy work to keep me out of his hair and he is always of the belief that what you work for in looking up, will stay with you, I took the book. Uh, Roy, that is taking a chance with me... Anyway, I found what I was looking for and my questions were answered complete with little fill in details. A friend called while reading Josephus and she asked what I was doing. Told her, knew it would blow her out of the water. I might read some more this weekend. Love all the history and love even more how God's hand was in it all, the divided kingdom.


I am waiting on Roy to get home. I am going to lovingly microwave our leftovers from Goode Company Barbecue for dinner. Then we'll head out to the hospital.

My 24 has no cliff hangers and no one got shot, well no one to the best of my knowledge.

4 comments:

Ali said...

You and Roy and families are in my thoughts and prayers

Anonymous said...

same here: your family is in my thoughts too....and fyi;have you ever checked out Christian ethereal library? When you mentioned Josephus, i thougt hmmm she would probably go nuts at this spot...google it and i bet you will enjoy...if you haven't already discovered it....right i know it isn't the same as a book BUT it is hard to read a book at the computer. You are in my thoughts too....but the real deal is that you are in your Father's thoughts and he knows how many hairs are on your sweet little head!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I have been reading your blog for months,
but never commented.
Now that I have entered the blog world,
I realize what an encouragement comments are.
I love reading yours...and hope you will
stop by my blog when you have a chance.

Teresa

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Thanks so much for stopping by.....Teresa