Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Morning

I'm so glad we went to the medical center last night because that trip has taken some of the anxiety about going there today. We got so turned around and we followed Google Maps to the T and that's what happened we ran into a T. University ends at Fannin and the only options are to go right or left. We went left but we should have gone right. We had a nice tour around the area and eventually found St. Luke's. We found one of the few available parking spots in Garage 2 and we headed across the sky walk into the hospital. This morning I am so valet parking.


My mom was getting platelets last night and they gave her a Benedril shot right as we got there. She stayed awake longer than I thought she would. She is in good spirits and ready to be home and done with the hospital for awhile. My dad has made a file folder of everything from the past week so he has her organized. This morning he has an appointment at MD Anderson which is right across the way.


The funny thing about Roy at hospitals or any medical situation is, he gets queasy with the talk of medical procedures or situations. I am opposite, I get queasy if I see medical procedures or situations. I was careful not to watch anything they did with my mom, but there was no way Roy could jump up and run out the door every time a nurse came in and talked about what she was going to do. Roy was getting very pale and I was fanning him. When we got to the car he suggested we stop for ice cream on the way home. It would settle him a bit. We stopped and got a little Chicky shake for him. It did the trick. He was settled and stabilized enough to be able to put gas in my car.


Today is Roy's birthday. He is going to the college baseball thing at Minute Maid Park today or he hopes to. There is a chance he will have to stay and work today. This has been a long week for him at the office and until last night, got home after 9:00 pm each night. I hope he gets to go tomorrow to the games. He loves college baseball. We are going to celebrate his birthday on Sunday.


Well, I better go pick out some books to take with me this morning. I have a feeling my mom will be sleeping most of the time.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Roy!!!

Anonymous said...

your mother will be happy to wake up and see you there..good move..now remember you shouldn't ever use the generic term "BOOK" ..throwing out an author or title is always appreciated! Happy Roy's b-day celebration for both of you!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Roy! Glad to hear that things are going better.

LMS