Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Quick Catch Up

Early morning phone call. The ring tone is set as an alarm sound because many times when I get a call from my dad's cell phone, I want to be alert. He and my mom were at St Luke's ER. Her meds didn't work. St Luke's is probably where she should have been taken in the first place except as I have written before my parents think everything even maybe a hangnail...it's cancer. The wait wasn't nearly as long as MD Anderson and she is in her own room. She has seen a Dr from the Dr's office they called yesterday and never heard back from. Mom will be given some platelets to help stop the bleeding and on Saturday morning they will do a procedure. She should be home by Saturday afternoon. This is a temporary measure until they can schedule surgery for her and take care of everything. Whew, what a major relief. This week has been full of drama, most of it unnecessary.


Roy and I are going to grab some dinner then head over to see them. I'll be back tomorrow to stay with my mom while my dad has his appointment at MD Anderson.


I've needed to get to the grocery store and finally made it today. I even have a few meals planned out, well as planned as I can do, for the next few weeks. During the drudgery of shopping I got a phone call from a friend. The trips up and down the aisles were much more pleasant. Except I forgot a couple of things. Maybe Roy will make that trip later this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope surgery is scheduled soon and keep up with the bit of meal planning...it gives one a sense (even if we know it isn't really true) power!