Thursday, February 5, 2009

Someone's in the Kitchen but it's Not Dinah

Oh my goodness, I feel like a newlywed... OK, that's all I have right now.

On second thought I better explain the above sentence. I feel like a newlywed cause I actually planned dinner for tonight. Not only planned it but I have prepared it and its now cooking in the oven. I guess to really feel like a newlywed I should be in the kitchen wearing something other than my jeans and a t-shirt, but Roy has those fond memories he can always recall from those fun filled newly wedded days. Besides, I can't show all the cards on my first attempt at making dinner. I thought about cleaning up all the dirty dishes but then... he wouldn't have anything to do after dinner. I did empty the dishwasher so I am cooperating here. Got to leave in some surprise down the road or I won't want to cook anymore.


To make the atmosphere a little livelier and joyful, I am drinking some sparkling French Lemonade in a fancy little glass. Too bad I'm not really very hungry. I met Lisa P for lunch at the Nord today. I had the crab stack and she had a salad but we did split the White Chocolate Bread pudding. It was slap your momma good. We sat at the booth, my favorite booth, and laughed and got caught up on the happenings of life. We did a little window shopping and I found a brown sweater, on sale, and used some of my Nordy Notes to purchase it. Then we went to The Container Store to get a file envelope for Roy. Lisa hadn't been there before so we did the little tour around. I would have introduced her to my friend but I think today is her day off. Then I went next door to get some refills for Roy's and Buddy's pop gun. They will play that game for the longest time.


On top of it all today was a beautiful day. I mean I would have missed it if I was at work. The temps were perfect. Peggy and I had an actual conversation yesterday not three words, a text and a voicemail. Gee, I am finding out I have been missing a lot by working. Of course I'll be missing that paycheck on the 15th.

Well, Roy just got in and he already has the kitchen cleaned up. So, I'll serve up some din din for my hubs hubs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your dishwasher comment reminded me of reading southern ladies and...by florence king years ago....the dishes in the dishwasher comment never left my mind....even though practically everything else has....hmmm, has sparklin' lemonaide taken the place of the mint julip...of course not, the glass is not appropriate!!!! Have an adventurous day!!!!

jené said...

I wasn't there on Thursday. You can usually find me there on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. This week you would have found me designing nonstop. Last week of the elfa sale is when many remember they meant to do something this year and run it at the last moment.

Seems retirement is your cup of tea, has definitely had your blogging on a rise. I love that, so I am happy!

N.B. Our Tax Time sale will start soon and it encompasses many office items. Check back if you need more file storage.