Friday, February 13, 2009

Weirded Out!

Strange little happening today. I have been a believer in all type of silly sports superstitions, wearing the same outfit if you're winning, lucky underwear, not stepping on the court lines when walking onto a tennis court for a match and various and other sundry things. I have never been afraid of Friday the 13th and even after today, I am still not a believer.





This morning I had a haircut, Target and Border's out in Sugarland. I stopped in at Town and Country too. The morning started foggy, which turned to mist and soon all this developed into much needed rain. No matter where I was I never heard any thunder or saw any lightning. Well, that is until I got home. I pulled in and had popped the trunk but before getting out of the car I decided to look at my emails before getting out. So the car door was open and there was this huge flash. I began counting, a thousand and..... BOOM!!! Lightning and thunder out of no where. I so shut that car door and set there a few minutes deciding whether to get on in or sit in the car. Since I have a convertible, it is not safe from lightning like regular cars. I made the decision to get my few little packages and pray, pray, pray to get across the lot and into the safety of the hall. I quoted the song to the Lord, you tell lightning bolts where to go...and I asked they would not come near me. The skies opened up after I got in the door and in the 30 minutes of rain I only heard a faint bit of thunder off in the distance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At work at lunch on Friday, we saw a flash and thought it was someone taking a picture. Before we could get the words out, kaboom! Scared us, but you should have seen the gardner in the oasis. . .that's all I'm sayin'!

Glad you were okay!

LMS

FitzandMolly said...

this might be my favorite post title yet.

wiggidy whack? nope, just regular type.