Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday Brief Check In

It is Tuesday and I am at home. I've had breakfast and am texting with a friend. So far so good on this adventure of retirement. Actually, I worked really hard yesterday. The back of my closet has not been touched for over a year except to add something to the mess. I pulled out all that stuff, thrown some away, giving some away and this morning I will go through the undecided pile. Don't know if this is considered nesting or not. It seems really important to get everything settled and in its place.





On Sunday I got to have lunch with my friend Beth. Beth and I have know each other since the sixth grade. We became friends in high school and have been satellite friends for almost 30 years. It is unusual to build such a solid foundation to a friendship at such a young age. We packed in a lot of fun, thoughtful discussions and time in those few high school years. We got our wires crossed and didn't hook up Saturday like we had planned but we were able to grab some lunch and time on Sunday. We got a lot covered and discussed in those few short hours. We had some great laughs as well. I really wish we could live in the same area again. She moved to Seattle right after college, got married, raised their family and now helps Don in his business all the while pondering, contemplating and working through life in her free spirit way. We have always written each other, hardly ever emailed or called. That caught up with us this trip cause neither one of us had cell numbers for each other. Facebook to the rescue. Her son got a message to me that way. We happily caught up over Lupe's Tortilla beef fajitas. Beth was instrumental in my coming to know the Lord. In fact on January 30 I celebrated 38 years of walking with Him and knowing Jesus as my Savior and Lord. After lunch I took Beth back to her car and then went to The Galleria to pick up Roy from the Westin Hotel. He was getting in from Shreveport. We got caught up over the weekend happenings with his mom and then I grabbed a much needed nap. It was a busy Sunday. It was a great Sunday!





Yesterday I tackled my closet and started several other projects. I am easily amused and easily distracted. Thanks Jerrell for that line. I even made some home made soup for Roy to have for dinner last night. I had dinner at Bunko. We had a blast, as usual. I was the biggest loser so I won a gift. I rolled two Bunkos and I was happy about that. It has been a while since I had seen three sixes on my own roll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you get to go to bible study tonight!!!! this is the first one i've not attended in many years so i'll be thinking of you and what treasures await you!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out. jerrell