Tuesday, February 24, 2009

All Over the Place Type Thoughts

***** Update*****
My mom will have a partial colonoscopy at 1:00. Seems to me a colonoscopy is an all or nothing type of deal. Anyway, the Dr is going to go in and see what he can find. Hopefully, he will find the place that is causing all the trouble. For once my dad seemed to think there is light at the end of the tunnel...no pun intended.




I am waiting for my dad to call, because I haven't a clue where to find them this morning at MD Anderson. He took my mom back there late yesterday. Her bleeding returned over the weekend. I realized this morning Roy and I are smack dab in the middle of Bible stories. His mother is like the man at the pool, she needs to take up her mat and walk and my mom is the woman with an issue of blood. Believe me, we are asking the Lord for His touch and healing in both situations.


Roy spent the weekend in Shreveport. His mother needs to be moved into a rehab facility by the end of the week. He and his brother Mike spent most of Saturday looking at the choices. Roy's mom is resisting the exercise, so that results in her not walking, which is crucial to her recovery. He returned on Sunday tired. There isn't any time while there for down time and he returns to Houston facing deadlines and projects at the office. I made dinner last night and he didn't even get home until 9:00. He is happily taking dinner for his lunch today and asking me not to be discouraged and be encouraged to continue fixing dinner. Sunday night, after his XEE class, we went to Collina's. At the table next to us sat Cardinal DiNardo and a couple. The Cardinal was not wearing his white collar. Nancy Taylor wrote on her Facebook status that she saw a cardinal on her windowsill so spring is not far away and I wonder if seeing a Cardinal in Collina's means six more weeks of winter? Also, since the Lent season is nearly upon us and in the spirit of Lenten Holy Cards, does a Cardinal beat a Pastor? We saw Pastor Gregg in Collina's a couple of months ago.


Sunday was the last page of the bookstore, but not to worry the series will continue with the multi purpose use of the library and the new "resource" bookstore that will occupy part of the space. There hasn't been much of a public outcry for the loss of the Garden Bookstore, but there has been plenty of private mumblings among the church members. In this case most know public outcry isn't going to do any good, because the decision has been made. I love how God is prompting the church to give and that my friends is truly the way to wage warfare against our enemy, give and love. Two very powerful weapons in the Kingdom of God. I love this quote; "A life of gratitude makes us WHOLE, overwhelms us with LOVE, and moves us to live GENEROUS lives." Erwin McManus


My dad called and they are waiting on the Dr to come talk with them. They will probably do another colonoscopy on my mom to find the source of the bleeding. My mom is in good spirits. She is in one of the ER rooms again. My cousin Becky called right before my dad. She and her husband John are on their way to Florida for a much needed vacation and had a layover in Houston. It was great getting caught up with her.


Guess I will continue on doing stuff around here until I get a call letting me know I am needed elsewhere. I am thinking and reading about storms, Mary and Martha, and Rehoboam and Jeroboam. Yep, my mind is in the whirlwind thinking again. Think my pills have lost their effectiveness... well, that's not totally true. I am more focused but the whirl has come back in my thinking. That means it also comes out in spoken or written form. In the words of George Costanza, Baby, I'm back! Which is totally different from baby's got back or baby back ribs.

11 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

hope to see you tonight - praying for you.

Anonymous said...

do you think Moses' mind was in a whirlwind/storm after seeing the light-did he ask God his name from the middle of his storm...i don't think he was really asking just for the others....once he found the peace in his own storm...he could stand firm for the others... even in a storm of his own....storms, spring showers, a bit windy...it all gives me an opportunity for revelation and to shore up the foundation...which i am still trying to build.hmmm..how long did it take to rebuild the walls? Hoping for quick accurate diagnosis from the uncomfortable colonoscopy...and mucho peace for you and Roy..(what is xee?)

Anonymous said...

....i guess it isn't so important that Moses tell the others =his name as it is that moses himself KNOWS his name....Jesus "spoke with authority" because he KNEW his name not just because he told the name to someone...that's almost a gnostic kind of thing...but i believe because someone who knows shares and shows that! enough....it's the "if you knew me you would know the Father who sent me" thing...

Anonymous said...

too bad hfbc couldn't lease out the bookstore ..like to lifeway or someone!

Amanda said...

I saw the nearly empty bookstore on Sunday night. Not that I think they're doing the wrong thing by closing it, but it made me so sad to see it. Of course, I remember it back in the '80s aerobics days when it was an up and coming cafe with, gasp!, a frozen yogurt machine!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that we should have a pact - just shoot me! Will be praying for all parents and for you two.

Seeing the bookstore go from full to nothing has been depressing. I'm going to miss all!

LMS

Cosmo said...

A lot on your mind...and you're thinking about doing a study on the divided kingdoms of Israel and Judah???

--

I'm praying God's blessing on you and your family today.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love "all over the place" posts, mainly because that's how our lives really are...all over the place.. Sounds like you have lots going on.
I live in Shreveport if there is ever anyway I can help you.

Teresa

jené said...

a Cardinal always beats a pastor. Pastors serve one congregation, Cardinals serve many.

Ali said...

Sheesh, you guys are up against it. I know you will get the strength you need to cope with these situations and hope the news comes quickly.

Cassi said...

I'm praying for your mom. I love the George quote!