Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Words

Let's face it, I am not the most organized person in the world. Although reading some helpful tips and buying some things at the Container Store are helping my world become a little bit better. Even paying bills has become more efficient and organized until this morning. I was reading and heard from Roy's cell phone a voice that said, message received. I looked at the text and realized I hadn't paid this month's bill. So I got online to do so, I am not organized enough to remember our password and log in information. I grabbed my phone and made a call to customer service. The Lord gave me favor with such a nice representative as I explained that I was an idiot and merely overlooked paying the bill. It was due in that now I am retired and have no idea what the date of a day is time line. She got everything processed and we are good with Sprint. Whew... This afternoon I called Sallie Mae after repeated attempts to access our online account and it would not let me in. Roy took out student loans when he went to law school and because he was self employed during his law school years, we took out some pretty big loans to pay for school and living expenses. Through the years we have paid down a significant amount of the balance. We've also saved up some money and now are going to pay those loans off. You would think getting an amount in these bad financial times would be easy, but it was difficult to get any information out of the representative. I answered ALL the secret questions to verify that I am who I say I am yet no dice on an amount. While talking to her I kept playing around with the online account and finally just as I hung up the phone, the pay off amount appeared. Praise Him! I'll go old school and write a check because I don't know if I will ever get back into that website and I think it was God parting the waters on the Internet for me to get the balance.


I am reading this awesome book, The Attentive Life by Leighton Ford. Actually, I am on the second reading of it. It is that good. I was re-reading about Mary and Martha last night because he used them as an example. The ESV Bible has been my Bible of choice for about a year and was surprise to read this, "Mary has chosen the good portion." Suddenly it all began to make sense, Luke 10. I mean I have no problem understanding Martha at all and I get what Mary is doing, but not the full effect like Martha. Then reading portion and doing Beth's Bible study on inheritance, it all began to make sense. Mary is getting her inheritance listening to Jesus, she is getting HIM. Wow!!! Martha is just getting pulled apart and torn up. Jesus is telling Martha not to live on the circumference of life, merely reducing her activities but telling her to live at the center by refocusing her heart. This is why I am trying to pay attention and not miss the most important things like Martha was just about to do.


This morning was a good workout and I increased my time and level on the bike. Then in strength training, a few more machines were added to my regimen.

Buddy just woke up from her morning nap. She'll probably be up for 20 minutes and then it will be time to start her afternoon nap. I might just join her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buddy should meet my Harry, they have such a lot in common -sleep, sleeep, sleeeep, sleeeeep and even more sleep.
(By the way Harry is my cat not my husband, although come to think about it he has a similar complaint!!)

Anonymous said...

i really like the esv too...now i think i might want a navarre bible...it will have to wait though.....i will look for the Attentive Life...you re-reading it speaks loud and clear..i'm trying to be the receiver (same deal i think)....i want to joyfully thankfully receive all that is given to me and that demands a ton of attentiveness....i'm trying to see EVERYTHING as a gift...because in fact it really is...whether it is Buddy knocking things off shelves, my tired knees acting up or winning the lottery!@#@!-even reading your blog....to add to your analogy - i could never go online and "get the pay-off amount" Christ has done that for me and the rest is just a gift!!!!! Gym progress is a good thing...you are a champ!!!thanks for posting...maybe i need to write a blog so i won't hog your blog all the time!!!!

Etta said...

Oh Nancy, I sympathise with the blanks over logins and passwords. I've a head like a sieve.

You're sounding so much stronger now, it's lovely.

Anonymous said...

That's a Tuesday Word on Mary to me too. Grasping portion and inheritance is as mind boggling as it is heart wrenching for me. So good to see you last night. Are you up for two with Mid-Link tonight? I'm planning on being there if the headache lets up. Wished it would just go ahead and rain! Love, Annette