Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Give Me a Beat

It was a dark and stormy night.  Actually, it is a dark and rainy morning but the weather reports all conclude that this rain and fog will clear by afternoon.  Yesterday would have been the perfect kind of day to stay home and read but that perfect day became the perfect couple of hours because I found myself out and about for a majority of the day.  It was quite a fun day.  The morning was spent in conversations and gathering facts for my upcoming procedure.  It's a tad bit frustrating all the hoops the hospitals have to do through now.  I decided to see if I could reschedule my hair appointment because of the timing of it with my almost scheduled and 95% certain procedure time.  Stevie could see me at 2:15 so I jumped at the chance to get a trim and shape up.  As the days grow closer to Emmanuel opening a location in Katy, I am that more thankful.  Road construction on the Grand Parkway will be a booger bear to get through once they get into the heart of construction. 

I called Peggy to see if anyone was making or bringing lunch to her.  Nope.  So I had the good fortune to bring over some Chicky after I ran into Target for a few thing and for a few things I didn't even know I needed.  I am so happy that her whole lunch made it up the stairs and into the house because last Friday her Coke met its untimely demise on her driveway.  Now this is kind of eerie, on my Twitter feed there was a Tweet from McDonald's yesterday saying, need to reconcile with someone, bring them an item off our dollar menu.  Thankfully a dropped Coke didn't ruin our friendship and believe me a "reconciliation" gift would be something more than an item off the dollar menu.  Peggy's knee is healing up nicely and has had pain but limited amounts of pain.  She's moving well and has such a positive attitude which is HUGE in any kind of healing process. 

As I went about the day I kept a finger on the pulse of my heart rate.  Oh Nancy, you puny, puny person.  Anyway, I had a few little tremors that rated about a 2.1 on the Keep the Beat and Stay in Rhythm scale.  As compared to Sunday, these were just a blip on the screen...  I am so thankful for the prayers by my friends.  It is so encouraging to read on Facebook or in an email the affirming, comforting words of, 'I'm praying.'  After reading the book Wonderstruck  and with the #livewonderstruck challenge so fresh in my spirit, I am so overwhelmed by the goodness and faithfulness of God in the people He puts in and around our lives.  You truly can see His kindness, compassion and love in words and in action. 

Sunday evening we went to Bayou City Fellowship's first evening worship service.  Since we had missed church because of heart blips and since we weren't in the mood to drive all the way in, it was an easy and joyful decision for BCF.  We got to see so many friends there and that was just the bow on the package kind of deal, but we loved the worship and the sermon.  Curtis preached from Matthew, where Jesus and his disciples are at Ceasera Phillipi and Peter declares that Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah.  This is also where on your Holy Land tour is known as the gates of Hell stop.  This is also where we had our drive-by foot washing ceremony.  I took lots and lots of notes from Curtis' talk.  Before the service we ran into Amanda and she told me to go down front and be prayed over by someone on their prayer team for my upcoming procedure/surgery at the end of the service.  Now those of you who know me well, know that I rarely if ever respond to come down front for prayer invitation.  I told her I would but I struggled with really following through.  When that time came I hesitated but I felt the prompting of the spirit to go to one particular couple to be prayed for.  I think Roy was shocked that I was actually walking down the aisle.  They blessed me and prayed such a wonderful, faith-filled prayer.  All throughout the service I could feel that familiar sloshing of my heart beat that usually turns into a racing heart episode.  Love how God uses everything.  As we stood there and as they prayed, the drum and the bass of the band hit a particularly low and hard note.  I felt the music reverberate inside me and just like that, the band had put my heart back into a normal rhythm.

Off to leadership meeting and points beyond....

1 comment:

Cassi said...

That is simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing! Praise the Lord for faith filled prayers. You are such a blessing to me and all those at Bayou City. LOVE you!