Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Which Way the Wind Blows

The day began with a heavy fog and then the sun came out.  I dressed to ride the Trek since it was a beautiful day but the only thing is, the wind picked up a little.  Not a problem because being so low to the ground riding in the wind isn't as problematic as riding in the wind on a bike.  But due to circumstances beyond my control I wasn't able to get outdoors before the gale force winds whipped up and blew everything to smithereens out here on the prairie.  I halfway thought the grill might blow over but it stood strong.  I have never heard the sound of whistling wind out here before.  You know the sound of wind in scary movies?  Only it was the middle of the day, so it was more annoying than scary.  Although last night right after we had gone to bed, in a dark room, with Roy already asleep, the wind made than mournful, scary sound and I jumped.  Yes, wind, mission accomplished.  You finally got to me and you knew to time it well.  Well played, wind, well played. 

The old, I mean vintage, Second Chapter of Acts song is playing in my mind this morning.  You don't know which way the wind will blow, so how can you plan tomorrow?  Obviously the wind from yesterday has a part in having this ear worm of song  rolling around in my brain.  I keep trying to get past this line but can't.  There is a high probability I will not have surgery this week...so how can I plan tomorrow?  Long story short, scheduling is messed up.  Apparently the open spot on the heart docket in the operating room that the nurse felt sure the hospital had held for him, might not be there at all.  By late yesterday afternoon my frustration levels had risen.  I was close to tears.  It is frustrating because getting this done, hinges on everything else I need to have repaired.  The scheduling is going to run into a wall with Roy's schedule.  He has a big project that is going live in the next few weeks.  It looked like that was even a possibility for this week.  I began to think and pray through this.  Maybe this is from the Lord?  I do know I am to give thanks in all things, so that's what I'm doing.  I'm also going to leadership meeting because there is a good chance I will be able to lead my core group on Thursday.  One of the questions from the homework asked us to name a saint in Hebrews 11 whose faith and life had spoken to us specifically.  I am feeling a link with good ol' Noah.  No I haven't built an ark or anything like that, but I am identifying with him in de-arking, knowing when to de-ark when the ark comes to a full and complete stop.  Contents in the overhead bins may have shifted during our flight...I mean float.  Anyway, even when it looked like they could leave their abode complete with the animals, Noah waited till he heard from God when they could exit the ark.  I always forget that this was way longer than the 40 days and 40 nights of rain, they were on the boat for over a year.  After being on this heart journey for over 4 years and when it looks like I can finally feel better and get back to a normal life, I can't deheart, I mean depart just yet.  Believe me I am sending out ravens and doves looking for a sign.  Which brings to mind these poor little doves who sit on the fence looking into the empty bird feeders.  When it truly stays warm then I can bring out the birdseed once again and instead of drawing in the mouse type vermin, it can attract snakes or something. 

Since I am to stay out of large groups where the potential for lots of germy people congregate, we did not go to church on Sunday.  It was the big Mission 1:8 commitment day.  Instead, we decided to take a field trip to see how many people are not in church on Sunday mornings.  Quite a few and frankly there isn't a shortage of churches out here in the greater Rancho de Five area.  Churches can be included in the plethora of things that are here in abundance, dentists, nail salons, Mexican food, Chinese food, cleaners, storage, and the newest entrant in the plethora, frozen yogurt shops.  We ate breakfast at Otto's and then made a stop at Home Depot.  Home Depot's parking lot needed to institute off site parking or something.  Wow!  All those people who were in the garden center might be a little concerned this weekend because of the forecast of a light freeze.  Most of the people there on Sunday were more my age not younger.  That was a shock!  I've even read articles and a book recently addressing the issue of people in their 50's and women specifically in their 40's leaving church, not God.  Home Depot could have been a litmus test on Sunday. 

Roy switched out the tables from the patio and courtyard by himself Sunday.  I think he'd rather do that than have to deal with uncontrollable laughter from me.  We were knee deep in projects until I went to help a friend with some choices and errands.  Sunday was an exhausting day but a fun and promising day too. 

I don't know which way the wind will blow today...from observing the trees I would say from the north.  It doesn't matter because any amount of wind messes up my hair...and we have the whole low humidity thing going right now. 

No comments: