Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pro-Ceed-Ure

Roy is on his way home with a lovely dinner from T Jin's.  There is a mist in the air and a fire in the fireplace.  I can't seem to get warm today.  I had planned to spend most of the day here but had a few errands to run this morning.  One of them, Hobby Lobby.  The sky did seem a little more foreboding when I left and I felt like it was my fault because I throw the earth off balance every time I enter a fabric or craft type store. 

It has been a bear trying to find out my surgery/procedure schedule.  I think that receptionist at the Doctor office has it out for me.  She and I have been on shaky ground since she cancelled one of my appointments and then I had to sit there for 3 hours to finally be seen by the Doctor.  I have more luck when the other woman answers the phone.  So after 3 days of trying to get some kind of schedule, I finally got a hold of the nurse late this afternoon and I might add the receptionist did not answer the phone.  Looks like everything is on.  They are waiting for confirmation for pre-op work the day before.  I have to give myself a shot the night before surgery.  That right there could stop this whole process....  Need to find someone who can help me with this.  The reschedule isn't really the best time for Roy, so I might need to find someone who can wait and as soon as Roy takes care of business, he'll come straight to the hospital.  I keep reminding myself and encouraging myself with Psalm 31:15, my times are in God's hands. 

It was a miracle that today both in Hobby Lobby and Michael's that the line for check out was nil, none and several lines were open!  I think HL has also finally computerized their registers.  That is a major miracle! 

It's been nice sitting in front of the fireplace and reading.  I should have chose something lite or fiction or anything else other than what I am reading.  It is stirring up my spirit and not in a good way.  But the book has held my attention. 

Looks like we are getting hardwoods in our bedroom and closet.  Yahoo!  Oh and plantation shutters but I am more excited about getting carpet out of our bedroom. 

When one is almost quarantined or sequestered, there is not a whole lot to write about.  I read about a man who wrote a book called Travels Around my Bedroom.  He was going to take in and observe all the small details that made up that room.  He started out intentionally but soon found his subject matter wandering away from his original idea and he took his readers on many bunny trails, none of which that had to do anything with his bedroom.  If I get bored, I may have to find some kind of subject matter like that to write about.  Wait a minute, I can amuse myself with just about anything.  I won't be bored.  Maybe I should use my time to watch You Tube videos on how to give yourself a shot. 

No comments: