Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sunsets in Rancho de Five-This Has Nothing to Do With This Post

It was rather mundane and uneventful at The Galleria today.  Guess all the stars have gone back to wherever stars live and The Galleria has gone back to its tranquil weekday shopping experience, unless it is at Christmas time.  As I headed to Macy's I noticed dents in and chunks out of the floor.  Has it always been that way or did the weight of all the people over the weekend cause the fissures?  Who knows?  I was happy to make it from The Nord to Macy's without one cart vendor chasing me down saying, "Can I ask you a question?"  Then I respond, you just did.  Yea, that's how I roll but I strolled the mall in relative peace and quiet making a note to myself to change out purses.  I love this purse but I have to tell you it is too heavy.  I don't carry a whole lot in my purse. 

Having lunch with a friend today made my early morning Dr appointment doable.  For the joy set before me I endured the drive and early hour. With the early hour and lack of planning on my part I almost had to wear the uniform but at the last minute I saw a combo of clothes that worked out rather nicely.  We met at The Nord and the crab stack is still the best.  It was a loud happening place, but Erin and I had a wonderful time catching up with life, church life and lunch life.  Before leaving for life flight, I mean home I did a quick walk through the Home section of Nord.  They have some of the neatest stuff right now.  I showed great restraint by not purchasing another journal but I did buy some note paper that has tiny lines.  Love me some tiny lines, I've never been much of a wide rule kind of girl. 

On the way home I stopped at the new Whole Food's Market and World Market.  I don't get over to the other side of Fry very often.  Very fun and I found some Easter eggs at World Market that are cute and cheep, cheep, cheep.  The traffic on Fry didn't even get to me this afternoon.  The end result of a good day but there must be 80 school zones on Fry. 

Just a random observation, but I think points in sermons must be 140 characters or less because almost every church puts the sermon's main points on Twitter during the week. 

Yesterday, Dave Patterson and his associate Brian came over to give us an estimate on Plantation Shutters and having our bedroom and closet floors in hardwoods instead of carpet.  We are really pleased with the prices and the detailed attention Dave gives his clients and friends.  I know he would be this kind and helpful even if he had just met us.  I should have gone with my gut feeling, isn't that just so ladylike to say gut, anyway I originally wanted to do the bedroom in hardwood but got talked out of it.  Even with upgraded carpet and pad, you still create a little path that even constant vacuuming can't defeat.  Once the flooring is done then we can call Roy's friend who does all kind of woodworking and the like to come and put the finishing touches in the kitchen, our bedroom and garage.  He is also going to hang a beautiful antique red gate over the fireplace.  We will also finally get the arty metal piece we bought in Franklin, TN on the wall.  Looks like we might be moving out to the casita bedroom for a bit. 

In the old school of alliteration I should name this post Propane following Proceed and Pro-pause.  Propane would mean Roy will be firing up the grill but it will be more like eating leftover celebratory pizza.  There's joy in each and every bite. 

No comments: