Friday, February 22, 2013

Hunk a Hunk a Burning Nair Lip

I am awake and up because my lips are burning.  No, not from too many jalapenos at dinner but from facial hair remover Nair.  I tried to be so careful and only apply to my philtrum but somehow in the attempt of following the instructions I was a little too generous in application and thus the overage.  Philtrum is the area between your nose and lips.  In my non professional guesstamation I don't think any hair will darken the doors of my lips from now on.  OK, to be perfectly honest I never had hair on my lips just my philtrum.  I have never ever used anything like this instead I rely on outsourcing at the Nord or at Emmanuel.  As much as waxing hurts, this hurts worse.  With wax the pain is just for the moment, it does not linger.  Like how I feel now, like being wide awake at 2:30 am with a hunk a hunk burning lip. 

Lord almighty,
I feel my temperature rising
Higher higher
Its burning through to my soul

Nair, Nair, Nair
You gonna set me on fire
My lip is flaming
I don't know which way to go

When did I become my grandmother?  I walk like her, when my knees hurt, stiff little staccato steps with too much lean to going forward.  Good grief, using facial Nair and being all that about comfortable shoes.  And now instead of riding a bike, I am using Roy's trek, which is really a tricycle.  As nerdy and old as I look riding around our water feature, I have to tell you, that thing is downright fast and fun.  My goal today was two laps and then some neighborhood riding.  Met the goal with some energy to spare. 

And now it is a decent time of the morning.  Roy never knew I was gone for about 2 hours.  Too bad I am not a teenager because sneaking out would be a piece of cake.  When it finally dawned on me that no one was up to add things on FB or Twitter I decided to read an old standby, Stand Against the Wind.  It is a rather short book but so chocked full of truth you can never read it slow enough.  Each time I pick it up and browse, I see something new.  Because it is a small book and can be read in one sitting that is why it is my" I can't go to sleep" choice of reading.  It almost backfires every time.  I don't read fiction or the like when I am wide awake at night because if I can't put the book down, Nancy no go to sleep.  Each time I start reading Stand, I am so tempted to start writing down thoughts and doing research.  That will keep me up as well, so I read without any pen or paper nearby when I am reading early in the morning in the middle of the night. 

Feeling is returning slowly to my upper lip.  It is true the darkest hour is just before dawn.  Joy does come in the morning and no feeling on the lip just lasts for the night.

No comments: