Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pre-Op, Op, Post Op...Stay Away from Dr Google

Channel 13 says rain is imminent in Rancho De Five.  The sky is overcast.  It has been a mish mash of sky appearance today.  Cloudy, rainy, sunny, overcast and the predicted precipitation.  I am home this morning.  I need to keep free from a cold or flu for next week to go as planned.  I am a walking fragrance zone of hand sanitizer.  So Bible study and church are a no go right now.  Specifically told to stay away from large groups of people, especially churches because people will notoriously go sick.  And of course scads of children whose cute infectious looks can translate into a germy mess if one is not careful.  Also mentioned movie theatres and concerts.  Neither one of those made the top five of large group situations on my list. 

So last night after talking to Nurse Ernest I Googled pre-op, op and post op procedures for heart ablations.  Uh, I should have not done that.  Dr Google scares me.  I know better than to do that.  Two things that I am telling Roy daily...make sure they do something to support my knees while I have to lie still for 6-8 hours or I will never walk again and PRIVATE ROOM! 

The other thing I find funny is how we all have a tendency to rename things to create buzz or newness for an otherwise awkward word or for an over used word.  I read on the website what I am to bring for pre op appointments, a form of payment, check or credit card, insurance card and a copy of my directive.  Directive is just another word for living will and medical power of attorney.  Last Thursday I forgot to get my Directive witnessed by Peggy and Kathleen.  Good thing it was forgotten, I would have had them sign the wrong page.  On Friday, Roy encouraged me to put the document formally known as living will and medical power of attorney in Sequisha so I'd have it to get the signatures.  No, I assured him, said document is underneath my keys and I would never forget to pick it up.  Ha, I live to laugh.  So, when Dena and I get ready to leave the house, I pick up my keys and start out the door.  She asks, uh, are you forgetting something?  Dang, the Directive was staying in one direction, home.  I asked her not to mention anything to Roy, but I ratted myself out at dinner later that evening.  Peggy and Dena witnessed my signature.  So we are all good to go, I mean I am all good to go in every respect, paperwork, eternal life but not that I want to go in "The End" of things.  Note to self, don't make Roy mad in the next week so that if I faint or cough or sneeze while in the hospital, he doesn't authorize the plug to be pulled. 

I just returned from the grocery store and have sprayed myself down with a lovely sanitizer in spray form.  I believe I am the very essence of lavender.  Lavender has a calming effect so I probably see a nap in my future.  It is for the good of keeping myself well.  That's what I'm telling myself.

1 comment:

Kelly Bowman said...

Nancy, I am praying for your surgery. My step-dad had the same procedure done and it helped him a lot. He suffers from a-fib and was able to stop taking his medication for that after his heart ablation.