Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have a new found respect and admiration for mothers of young children.  I think if we had been able to have kids we would have been the youngest members of the home bound ministry at church.  We would have never gone anywhere  because other than getting myself ready, any added distractions totally overwhelm me.  This morning not only did I have to get ready but I needed to warm up some brisket from Goode Company to take to our brunch day.  Yes, I know brisket and a two year old are totally different and I understand that...it is the added extra stuff to the norm.  Because, I have maybe on my own, just one other time, have used my oven.  I have no clue the whole process to temperature and timing.  Roy did tell me as he left this morning, Happy Valentine's Day and I would get that brisket in the over earlier than later.  Words to live by.  So with the pressure of getting the oven hot enough to warm up brisket long enough...I also had to wash my hair.  First hair washing after the haircut, so you know there is a chance that hair is going to do stuff on it's own because it realizes that a non professional is working with it, from scratch.  Back to the oven, so after trial and error, I finally figured out how this timing and temps worked.  I called Roy, no answer.  Come to find out his iPhone wasn't working, so I could not get any help from the resident chef.  But, I didn't know that at the time.  When Roy got to the office he emailed me to let me know about his cell phone.  I asked if he had pressed both the off button and the home button at the same time.  Nancy, the tech advisor to the rescue.  It is a total fluke that I know to do this when a phone turns itself off.  It is true if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.  World without end, amen.  In the rush to warm brisket and my nervous usage of a flat iron  on my hair coincided at the same time.  I would have more luck warming the brisket using the flat iron.  So, I got in the garage and was about ready to leave when I realized I didn't have the brisket with me.  Back in the house to get the brisket.  Had to come home again, home again because I left my Bible study bag by the garage door.  So long story still long, I was late to prayer time this morning but so were a whole lot of people.  We had a nice brunch in core group and good discussion.

After brunch, Kathleen and I went to pick up Peggy and take her to her hair appointment.  It was her first trip out of the big house in quite sometime.  Things have changed since she has been home bound.  A whole new part of a road has opened right by her house. She is moving around rather well with her walker and now she has beautifully trimmed and coiffed hair to hang around the house.  It is Valentine's Day.  She's looking extra nice for Bill.  We got her home and up the stairs.  I left Kathleen and Peggy to head on home and sit a spell.  Only, I am blogging a spell. 

So favorite moment of the day?  I might still be waiting for it. 

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Happy Hearts Day and praying your HEART is fixed soon....Once it is will you take me to all your favorite spots in KAty