Thursday, February 7, 2013

Uniform Day

Even being up early this morning it is looking like a uniform type day.  It has actually been a uniform type week because on Tuesday it was the light denim shirt with dark jeans and today it is going to be a denim shirt, tank top with jeans.  I'm not even wanting to put any thought into this.  If these spring temps keep up I will be wearing the spring uniform sooner than later and this is just replacing jean capris for the jeans. 

Our home is in a mixed metaphor state.  There are Valentine decorations and some Easter stuff is out as well.  Easter is sooner than last year and I think after Christmas I like spring/Easter decor about the best.  Being totally honest, I used to make fun of people who would have said what I have just written. 

Something I rarely do is have the TV on during the day but yesterday afternoon I had the Toddlers & Tiaras marathon on as background noise.  This is nothing to be proud of but I couldn't believe I hadn't seen most of the episodes that were on yesterday.  The shows probably have been rather repetitious, mom want kid in pageants, kid does well in pageants, to go up another level they are going to bring their A game, most of these people don't seem to have enough disposable income to consistently afford pageants and almost all the kids are huge, disrespectful brats.  Really, who can blame the kids?  They are catered to, appeased and rewarded for that sassy behavior that on stage translates into having personality. But in everyday life, plain and simple is disrespectful.  The kids are being conditioned for an out of whack reward system that soon won't be satisfied with candy, Barbies or whatever the latest trend is.  It also seems rather ludicrous and this goes for all beauty pageants that the not real is what puts one over to win.  Fake tan, fake nails, fake teeth, and fake eyelashes.  I guess T&T begat all these other shows like Dance Moms and Cheer Perfection where adults act like children.  I am so over watching Honey Boo Boo but it is ironic that they seem to have the strongest family values of any of these types of shows. 

Yesterday, after reviewing Hebrews homework and commentary, I decided to get ahead of the game and start next week's homework.  No, I haven't become this great student but with the schedule I have for the next few days I knew to get a jump start.  It also didn't hurt that we are FINALLY at Hebrews 11.  It's kind of the same feeling when you are studying Romans and are so happy when you finally arrive at Chapter 12,  I went back to Genesis 6 and re-read it, the story of Noah.  There were several insights and facts that I had never considered before in the story of Noah but one verse that got my attention was Genesis 8:22.  We so live in the biblical words when it comes to seasons here in Texas. 

"As long as the earth remains, there will be planting and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night."

No mention of having a spring or fall.  And after watching the news last night the extent of human wickedness seems to be in high supply just as in the days of Noah. 

Well, easing into the day has quickly become the start of the day, so I've got to go get my uniform on. 

No comments: