Saturday, August 30, 2014

Back Porch Thoughts

My last Friday morning on the back porch.  The spider webs are back on the fences, the cows are content in the new pasture and I am beside myself full of peace and expectation for the coming week ahead.  Roy gets here tomorrow night and I think he will enjoy the short break from the heat.  Although, temps might be higher next week than what I have been experiencing.  Even yesterday, at one point when it was 90, it was bearable because of the breeze and the low humidity.  I will treasure this time and trip for many reasons but again I am the most thankful for slowing down enough to recognize God's kindness toward me.  Even the whole hurt knee was a good reminder to take in the days and not rush through them.  If my knee had felt 90%, because it hasn't felt 100% in a long time, I would have been on the run from the get go.  Thankfully, the pain has subsided and it is just the normal limp and pain.

Another benefit resulting from the time here in God's country is being able to think things through clearly and not be busied with the everyday concerns of life back at Rancho De Five.  It's funny how in just a little less than a month my preconceived ideas of what we wanted in a home up here has completely changed.  What I thought were tangibles, God has shown me were not and intangibles of my previous thinking is what is tangible.  It is a pure delight to watch God move hearts, lives and locations together in a way that could have never been guessed or arrived at.  This morning in my daily reading Ecclesiastes 11:7, "Light is sweet; how pleasant to see a new day dawning" caught my attention.  But the verses right before this one also rang a similar bell and response, "Plant your seed in the morning and keep busy all afternoon, for you don't know if profit will come from one activity or another-or maybe both."

Now it is Friday evening.  It has been a relaxing day.  I was out and  about a lot this week so I decided to hang out around the cottage.  Did some laundry, got some books gathered for the trip home and went to the grocery store.  Tonight I went over to Bill and Vivian's and I also got to meet her friend Jackie this afternoon.  Lots of fun!

And it wouldn't be Monablog if we didn't have a Friday into Saturday morning end to the post.  Roy will be here tonight.  I have missed him and praying that the weather and the airlines all cooperate.  We have a lot to take care of in the next few days and we have a lot of places for him to go and take pictures for me.  I was thinking yesterday, I don't think I have been away this long from home ever in our married life but I do know that there were a couple of times he was gone on business for three weeks at a time...so it has been a while.  I will be so happy to see him.  And yet is some ways I will be sad to see him because it means that this wonderful, restful, relaxing, fun, kind trip is almost to an end.  I will be happy to be home and see Buddy and catch up with friends.  Although I have to say what a great way to turn 60.

No comments: