Wednesday, August 27, 2014

It Was A Noisy, Foggy Morning

Google Girl took me into Weaverville yet another way and what an enjoyable and profitable drive it was.  I was going in just to pick up Roy's shirts from the cleaners but on the way I saw this cute shop Sanctuary of Stuff.  So after getting his shirts, I stopped in to take a look.  Oh my goodness!  What a wonderful place.  Most everything in the shop is made by local artisans in the area.  There were also a few antiques.  But the store is set up like an antique mall, but it all flowed and you would think it was all one shop.  The jewelry was fabulous and they had some of the best cards.  I spent time and a little change in there.

I have met some of the friendliest people on this trip.  Yesterday in the cleaners, the lady working behind the counter and I had a wonderful conversation.  She had retired from working at the Biltmore two years ago.  She was in charge of a large portion of housekeeping and she worked with all the brides whose weddings took place on the estate.  She said she helped open the Inn but she missed being with her family on holidays, so when her husband retired, she retired.  Now she works a couple of days of the week just to get out of the house for a bit at the cleaners.   Also in Sanctuary of Stuff everyone in the shop whether they were working or shopping were just so helpful and delightful.  Conversation after conversation has confirmed we are being watched over by God and I am so thankful the other people made a stronger offer than we did on the house near Waynesville.

The ways of the cows are past understanding and finding out.  Those boogers can move when they want to.  They have been rather vocal this morning and maybe I have mooed a couple of times with them.  So I go in  to make another cup of coffee and fix toast and those cows are clear across to the right...far away field.  So, I dine alone.  No, some birds are keeping me company now.

Yesterday afternoon I went over to see Vivian.  She had knee replacement surgery the second week I was here.  She is doing great, no pain but she is ready to get out and about...you know cabin fever can do that to you.  What a delightful afternoon full of laughter, conversation and maybe even a few tears.    As we talked of our friends the other one has yet to meet, we both would say, you are going to love_____!   While I was there her brother called that just lives across the fields on the farm.  He looks like Tom Selick...sorry girls, he's married.  Anyway, last night he got out his tractor or as Roy calls it God's Tractor, meaning it is a John Deere and went about the fields.  It makes this great putt putt putt sound.

Roy and I will look at the last two houses for this trip on Tuesday afternoon.  I read a verse in Proverbs the other day that truly speaks to our quest, "Do your planning and prepare your fields before building your house."  Or I might even say, before buying your house.

The fog is burning off fast and since my cow companions have moved on to another field, I should probably go get ready for the day.  I'm tempted to moo out a goodbye to my cow friends, but I bet Vivian is on her porch next door and she might think, who is that crazy lady in my cottage next door?  I would just answer, it's me Nancy....you know your new friend who likes to talk with the cows.

No comments: