Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Taking In A Ville

Good Morning from the rolling hills of North Carolina.  The fog is burning off, the cows are in left field and I'm sitting on the back porch with my iPad, Bible and cup of coffee.  The bird world is quieter this morning after last evening's faldara of bird Clash With The Titans...I mean birds.  The mockingbirds which by the way are huge up here and by huge I mean their individual size, and the cardinals were having territorial war for the big tree in the middle of the yard.  The wrens are content to daintily chirp from the tree next to the porch.  Really the wrens and I have the best view for the battle roy-al.  A side note, if we had a boy I wanted to name him Roy Al Monarch but we didn't and no I wouldn't have done that to a child.  I am debating of whether to go to Hendersonville or to Burnsville.  Yes, there are a lot of villes up here.  Back in the day ville must have been the culturally relevant term for naming a town.

Tomorrow is another day on the house hunting trail.  One of the houses we had mild interest in is under contract, so that leaves three houses to see and a most important revisit of a house that is very high on the list for us.  The re-visit is a home that has two out of the three criteria for us and if I have learned anything from HGTV House Hunters is, you rarely get everything you want in a home.  Yes, I just let an opportunity to quote a line from a song go past me....  Anyway, the houses tomorrow are in an area that is long range mountain views and pastoral views of the rolling fields close by.  It is an area that is centrally located between towns or as they would have it, villes, where we enjoy spending time.  You don't even have to go through Asheville to get there.  So once I check these homes out we can come to a better, well informed decision.  The home in Waynesville that has the two out of three criteria really is the best floor plan we have seen, both for Roy's desire to have a man cave, livability on a main floor for me, and a great place for our guests...it is just the limited view.  But when I think about it, the home is right off the Blue Ridge Parkway and views galore are there for the seeing.   I'm so grateful that Emily loves to look at homes online and she has been a great pair of second eyes for me.

I had a very restful and peace filled time yesterday.  Somehow I have accumulated a lot more books...so I was organizing them and getting a few other things taken care of.  I took my first nap of the trip and enjoyed the day on the back porch watching the cows, listening to the goats and taking in all this beauty of creation.  It is true, creation sings.  But not the cows, they are too busy eating grass to look up and sing a note.  Oh yes, there is the occasional cow snort, but that's more like they are blowing their noses and the occasional mournful moo.

Well, if I am going to take in a ville, I better get a move on.  The cows have slowly migrated from left field to over here by the cottage.

1 comment:

Etta said...

I remember a youth service where the speaker took a line from the Eagles (Lying Eyes) as his theme- "... Every form of refuge has its price..."
On another note, my surname is Halliday and my brother threatened to call a daughter Summer and a soon Bank. Ha. When my nephew arrived, they named him Samuel.